Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Eve Fun

Our family has a tradition of spending New Year's Eve with two other families (the Zs and the Ws) at the home at the home of the Ws. Last year, we all actually spent the night, but this year we knew our 3 year olds would never go to sleep if we didn't bring them home at some point. We stayed until about 10:30 and then brought them back home and put them straight to bed (bonus--they slept until 10:30 this morning). The princess, big girl that she is, got to stay for the sleepover. She thought she was super grown up.

We usually just have lots of appetizers and graze all through the night. The kids played hard and all four of the boys in attendance knocked heads with each other at some point. The girls (3 of them) had lots of girly fun including making the required "no boys aloud" sign for the bedroom door (the oldest two girls present are only six, so I thought this was some good inventive spelling).

Other details of the evening shall be witheld to protect the guilty...I mean, innocent.

I am so thankful for these great friends. I'm glad we have each other and I'm glad our kids have each other. What great memories they'll have of these times when they grow up. I am glad that we have friends who also value spending time with their children (and apparently ours) rather than hiring sitters and going out for the night.

And I can't believe it's 2007. The year in which our family will grow from 5 to 6. The year in which I'll be pregnant for the last time (really sort of sad and really sort of happy--depends on the day). The year in which we get to meet our sweet new baby boy!

Who knows what the year will bring? Well, actually I know who knows it, and I'm sure He's got it all under control. I just pray for the grace to rise to it!

Happy New Year!

No comments: