Thursday, December 28, 2006

These Little Lights of Mine

I wish I had a video camera on hand tonight to capture my boys singing and doing all the hand motions for "This Little Light of Mine" at bedtime. We've been doing it for quite a while, but tonight was the first time they both participated with such gusto. To be honest, it made me weep.

Of course, 30 minutes later we were putting diaper and pajamas back on the ultra-determined one, so that dried up my tears right quick. This time, he extricated himself from his one piece footed pjs which his daddy had put on BACKWARDS (on purpose) in the hopes that, without zipper access, he would not be able to get out of them. Sadly, it did not work. He is truly Houdini I'm afraid.

My favorite quote of the day came from my little princess after a fall from her princess big wheel: "Mama, it hurts so bad I'm afraid I might be killed." Drama, drama, drama but she is so darn cute that I fall for it. I am all for anything that will have her curled up in my lap for a few sweet minutes. (Note to emphasize the overly dramatic nature of my girly girl--The fall was on the grass. She was not hurt and was back outside playing with her best friend moments later.)

I also want to point out to myself that my sweet husband spent the better part of the day "undecorating" our house from Christmas. I must remember this when he does not rinse out the sink adequately after he brushes his teeth.

I am undeservedly blessed.

1 comment:

boomama said...

Your children are beautiful...and it's neat to see that you've started your own blog after reading other people's. You'll be totally addicted in no time at all. :-) But the best part really is documenting your life for your children (or, in my case, child) in the midst of home stuff and work stuff and family stuff and general craziness. So rewarding.