Thursday, January 18, 2007

Showing her love...

Following a day filled with twin boys with twin stomach viruses, I had the sweetest moment with my daughter tonight at bedtime. After we read and sang songs, she said her prayers:

"God, our Father. Please bless all the children in the world, especially Sara so that she can come back to drama class (more on Sara later). Thank you for letting us be born and live on this earth, the most wonderful planet in the universe. Thank you for this great, warm and safe home that you gave our family to live in and for giving us plenty of food to eat. Thank you God for my family and please bless my Mama, Daddy, brothers and the new baby. Amen"

I told her thank you afterwards for her sweet prayer. And then she said, "Mama, I just try to show God my love when I pray."

Indeed.

My kids prayers always bring me joy...but this just made my day. I think she gets it.

Now to Sara. I don't know Sara, though she was in a production of the Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever with my daughter this past Christmas (they both played baby angels), but she is seven years old and has just been diagnosed with a malignant tumor in her femur. Our drama teacher has asked us all to pray for her healing and to ask others to pray for her too. So, on the off chance that someone will "lurk" past here, please pray for Sara. Our family surely will.

I should probably go get some sleep before someone gets sick again!

4 comments:

Perri said...

I will be praying for Sara.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Tara. I am already praying for Sara. You will appreciate a story they shared in church about her last week. She told her daddy not to worry that God made her and she knew He was going to take care of her.

Great prayer from your daughter. SOOO deep!

Jennifer said...

Just had to post again because I have been so far behind reading blogs, I just caught up.
No advice on the clothing thing...only sympathy. Thankfully, mine have not learned to strip yet.
I don't think I realized your 4th was a boy...how fun. They do love their Mamas don't they!

Tara said...

Jen, thank you so much for sharing that about Sara. I am going to tell my daughter about that tomorrow. Such faith and such a loving heart for her Daddy--she wanted to make him feel better!