Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bedtime Woes

I have two of the most adorable three year old twin boys. Really--they are just the cutest things ever. But, we have a problem that is just about to drive us nuts. They will NOT--I mean WILL NOT leave their pajamas/clothes and diapers or pull-ups on when we put them to bed (at night or naptime). Last night, we had to go in three times to "redress" one of them. Sometimes we even have to change sheets multiple times. Almost every night for the last week I have had to go in as I went to bed and "redress" one of them (it's always the same one--he just will not give up). The "younger" of the two will usually only do it once and then go on to sleep, but the other little rascal will not go to sleep unless he is completely NAKED. NAKED just-turned-three year olds inevitably lead to wet sheets (and wet pajamas if they happen to be in the line of fire).

We are working on potty training. They will often go when we put them on the potty, but they never ask to go. In other words, they appear to have no interest in it. Our daughter was so EASY to train. She basically just decided she was ready and that was that. Something tells me we are in for a whole new ball game. These guys think of things their sister never, ever even dreamed of.

Please if anyone has ANY suggestions...let me know! In the meantime, I'll be washing sheets...

4 comments:

Perri said...

No suggestions at all. never dealt with this problem.

But for game ideas, I think a six year old could play that Stare game, the Mix Up game and a really fun, easy to learn game, called Top Spot.

Perri said...

Those are some ADORABLE kids!

Tara said...

Thanks, Perri. I think they are kind of cute too!

Rose DesRochers said...

What adorable children.