Saturday, February 24, 2007

She's Got My Back

8:15 this morning. I am trying to sleep. Husband is asleep. Daughter comes in, gives me the lightest of kisses on the cheek and whispers, "Mommy, I want you to sleep just as long as you need to." Moving around to the other side of the bed and no longer whispering, "Daddy, I'm starving." Daddy says, "Hey, why don't I get to sleep as long as I want like Mommy?" To which she firmly responds, "Because you are not growing a baby in your tummy...so get your lazy behind out of bed!" Okay, I made that last part up, but it was clearly implied in her tone. It is so nice to have a six year old on your side at times like these. He could not argue with her logic, and he did not try.

And he did get up and get everyone dressed and fed breakfast. And I did stay in bed for another hour.

Now, he has told me that a babysitter is coming at 11:00, and I need to be dressed reasonably well and ready to go somewhere. And he's not giving me any clues. That makes me crazy.

I might nominate him for husband of the year. I'll let you know when I see where this "surprise" takes us.

1 comment:

Sharon L. Holland said...

Hilarious. I wish my girls were old enough to do that.